• The State of Colorado returns home to welcome the State of Utah on Wednesday, January 12 at 6 p.m.
• The game will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network, with Jason Knapp, Steve Lappas and Desmond Purnell attending the game.
• The audio will be broadcast on the Colorado State Sports Radio Network (as well as online at CSURams.com), with Brian roth and Adam Nigon on call. CSU Sports Network broadcasts are also available on mobile devices through the Varsity Network app (free on all Apple and Android devices). Fans can use the app to instantly access free matchday audio streams and receive push notifications to remind them of the start of games or upcoming audio broadcasts.
• The game will also have live stats on CSURams.com.
10 degree CSU basketball
- Utah State has a 60-40 lead, but CSU has a 28-20 advantage in Fort Collins. The Aggies have won seven of the last eight meetings between the two programs.
- Last season, the teams split the two games at Logan (due to COVID), with Utah State winning the opener and the Rams coming back and winning the final, 84-76.
- CSU has an all-time record 578-240 (0.707) at Moby Arena, including 29-5 in the past two and more seasons under the direction of the head coach Niko Medved.
- While there are five other schools ranked in the top 20 nationally in at least two of the three shooting percentages (field goal, 3-point, and free throw), Colorado State is one of only two ranked in the three (8th in FG, 10th in 3P FG, 3rd in FT). The other is Davidson (10th in FG, 2nd in 3p, 18th in FT).
- CSU is 21st nationally for the fewest turnovers at 10.42 per game and 13th on assists-to-return ratio at 1.52.
- CSU has held its opponents 63 points or less in seven of its last 10 games, including two at Paradise Jam.
- Juniors Isaiah Stevens and John tonje and seniors Kendle moore and Adam thistle are all in the CSU top 30 for 3-point field goal percentage.
- The recently interrupted 11-game winning streak is tied for the second longest in CSU history with Boyd Grant’s 1988-89 team.
- CSU has six guaranteed opponents who played in the 2020-21 playoffs on this year’s schedule, combining at least eight games, with the Rams currently at 3-1 against those teams.
- The Rams hit the road to face San Jose State and former CSU head coach Tim Miles on Saturday, Jan.15 at 4:00 p.m. MT in the two teams’ only regular-season meeting.