The HISTORY channel just announced the premiere date for Theodore Roosevelt alongside the official trailer, airing Memorial Day weekend.
What is happening:
- The fourth presidential mini-series of the HISTORY channel Theodore Roosevelt will air as a two-night event on May 30 and 31 at 8/7c.
- The news was announced today before a ATC presentation of the network.
- Theodore Roosevelt is based on the New York Times bestseller Doris Kearns Goodwin, Pulitzer Prize-winning bestselling author, Leadership: in turbulent times.
- The five-hour miniseries includes interviews with renowned historians and authors Dr. HW Brands, USMC Col. Ret. Doug Douds, Dr. Kathleen Dalton, Dr. Douglas Brinkley, Dr. Megan Kate Nelson, Dr. Leroy G. Dorsey, Dr. Khalil Gibran Muhammad, Clay Jenkinson and Roosevelt’s great-grandson, Tweed Roosevelt.
- Rufus Jones (Campsite, Hunderbylisten)) portrays Theodore Roosevelt in the series.
- Previous presidential series entries on The HISTORY Channel include Washington, Grantand the next premiere on February 20 of abraham lincoln.
- Executive producers include Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Davisson, Doris Kearns Goodwin, Beth Laski, Jon Kamen, Dave Sirulnick, Zara Duffy, Knute Walker, Eli Lehrer, Mary E. Donahue, and Jennifer Wagman.
- Malcolm Venville is director and executive producer.
- The HISTORY channel is part of A+E Networks, a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company and Hearst Corporation.
What they say :
- Doris KearnsGoodwin, author and producer: “Working with The HISTORY Channel has proven to be an ongoing source of pride, as we are united in our commitment to telling meaningful stories about presidential history and leadership to audiences around the world. Bringing the fiery and righteous Theodore Roosevelt to life was a particular ‘dee-light’, as he was working with partners Appian Way and RadicalMedia, to show how Teddy sought to create a sense of common purpose among all, using his leadership not only to nurture his base and solidify the faction, but rather to find common ground in order to weave together classes and regions of people.
- Eli LehrerExecutive Vice President and Head of Programming for The HISTORY Channel: “History has established itself as the premier destination for presidential documentary content that tells the definitive yet complex stories of our most influential leaders – Washington, Grant, Lincoln and now our fourth installment – Theodore Roosevelt. Teddy was a fascinating man of many contradictions and we are proud to once again partner with modern leaders in their own right – Doris and Leo – to bring our audience the story greater than nature of this president.
Alex joined the Laughing Place team in 2014 and has been a lifelong Disney fan. His main beats for LP are Disney-branded movies, TV shows, books, music and toys. He recently became a member of the Television Critics Association (TCA).