History Channel Asia launches its first original podcast on Astro Radio Malaysia’s SYOK app.
“History on our plate” reveals unique and fascinating stories behind many favorite and nostalgic local dishes across states and cultures. This podcast series will be available exclusively in Malaysia on the SYOK website and app from March 18.
Co-hosted by Hitz FM announcers Keanu Azman and Ili Rouzannathe podcast will take listeners on an immersive audio journey exploring the distinctiveness of local food while raising awareness and interest in the origins of these dishes.
The 10 episodes of ‘History on our plate‘include:
- Episode 1 : Nasi Kandar with Anouar Hadifood vlogger
- Episode 2: Cultivation of Kopitiam with Andrew Leefounder of the VCR Café
- Episode 3: Laksa with Anis Nabilahcelebrity chef
- Episode 4: Mamak culture with Kyle Jacobtalent SYOK
- Episode 5: cendol with Sue Lynn ‘Bangsar baby’lifestyle blogger
- Episode 6: viral foods with Ceddyfood vlogger
- Episode 7: Street burgers with Chin Ren Yifounder of MyBurgerLab
- Episode 8: Nostalgic brands with Prem ShankerFM radio presenter mixer
- Episode 9: Malaysian brands with Ili Suleimantv personality
- Episode 10: International brands with Rod MonteiroFM Radio Announcer Lite
Kenny OngCEO of Astro Radio, said: “We’re excited to expand our podcast library to offer more relevant content aimed at local audiences while showcasing diverse local talent that’s popular across all industries. As we begin this collaboration with A+E Networks for our first series of joint podcasts, we look forward to a strong partnership for a wider range of quality audio content.
“We’re building on A+E Networks’ tremendous early success in the US as a creator of compelling original audio content. True to our storytelling DNA, we will seek to illuminate local perspectives and stories for local audiences in this part of the world and also bring them to the world through international distribution,” noted Saugato BanerjeeManaging Director of A+E Networks, Asia.